What is diabetes? How does it happen? what are the symptoms? How to avoid it?
During the run-of-the-mill phase, due to irregular lifestyle, the disease that most people have is diabetes. Diabetes is also called slow death.
The most noticeable side of this disease is that it also invites many other diseases in the body. Diabetes is common in patients with eye problems, kidney and liver disease, and foot problems. Prior to this disease used to happen only after the age of forty but nowadays it is a major reason for concern even in children.
How does diabetes
When insulin reaches the pancreas of our body, the level of glucose in the blood increases. This condition is called diabetes. Insulin is a hormone made by the digestive gland. Its function is to change over the food inside the body into energy. This is the hormone that controls the amount of sugar in our body. In the case of diabetes, the body has issues in making energy from food. In this situation, the increased level of glucose starts damaging various organs of the body.
This disease is more in men than women. Diabetes is mostly due to hereditary and lifestyle deterioration. In this, hereditary type-1 and diabetes because of the irregular lifestyle are placed in the type-2 category. Those people fall under the first category, if any of the parents, grandparents in the family have diabetes, then the family members are more likely to get the disease. Also, if you reduce physical effort, do not sleep properly, have irregular do eating, and consume mostly fast and sweet foods then chances of getting diabetes increase.
Dangers from diabetes
Heart attack or stroke is most in diabetes patients. In people who effect diabetes, the danger of heart attack increases by multiple times more than the normal person. Increasing the amount of glucose in the body causes hormonal changes and efforts are damaged which affects both blood vessels and veins. This may cause an artery blockage or a heart attack. The danger of stroke also increases for the Diabetes patient. It can harm the retina of the eye if diabetes isn’t treated for a long time. This can also blind a person forever.
Symptoms of diabetes
- More thirsty
- Repeatedly urination
- Reduced eye light
- Wounds and injury that do not heal
- Itchy wounds on hands, feet and private part.
- Frequent boils and pimples
These are some measures to prevent diabetes
1. Check your glucose level and be cautious if it is more than 100 before meals and 125 after meals. Keep the HbA1c test done every three months so that the actual level of sugar in your body is known. Accordingly, take medicines after consulting a doctor.
2. Make changes in your lifestyle and start doing manual labor. If you do not want to go to the exercise center and gym, then definitely walk for three to four kilometers every day or do yoga.
3. Eat a low-calorie diet. Completely eliminate the sweet in the meal. Include vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains, dairy products, and sources of omega-3 fats in your diet. Apart from this, fiber should also be consumed.
4. Instead of eating three times each day, eat similar food in six or seven times.
5. Reduce smoking and alcohol consumption, or quit altogether if possible.
6. Do not keep much tension in office work and get enough sleep at night. Low sleep is not good for health. To reduce stress, you should meditate or listen to music, etc.
7.Keep health check-ups regularly and monitor the sugar level daily so that it never exceeds the level. Once the sugar(diabetes) increases, it is very difficult to bring down its level and during this time the increased sugar (diabetes) level keeps leaving its bad effect on the body parts.
8.Take 2-2 kg of wheat and barley and grind it with one kg of a gram. Eat chapattis made of this flour in your meal.
9. Diabetics should include bitter gourd, fenugreek, spinach, ridge gourd, turnip, brinjal, pointed gourd, bottle gourd, radish, cauliflower, broccoli, tomato, cabbage, and leafy vegetables in their diet.
10. Fruits include berries, lemon, amla, tomato, papaya, melon, raw guava, orange, lime, nutmeg, pear.
Mangoes, bananas, apples, dates, and grapes should not be eaten because they are high in sugar.
11. Soak Fenugreek seeds at night and it should be eaten on an empty stomach every morning.
12. Include garlic, onions, almonds, onions, sprouted pulses, sprouted peeled gram, sattu and millet, etc. and Use reduce of potatoes, rice, and butter